How can I modify factory-presets to my needs or create new one?
The easiest way to create new presets is to derive from a factory-preset.
From the available presets, select the one that comes closest to your needs.
Use now the following controls to adapt the preset:
- Room Size - Define here how "large" the space should be.
- ER/Tail - This defines the ratio of room sound and reverberation (reverb).
- Reverberation - Adjust the reverb time here
- EQ/Damping - Lastly, you can still change the desired sound of the reverb in the EQ area and adjust the damping.
If you want to create a reverb sound from scratch, you should begin with the Default preset.
General preset creation tips:
- To make a better adjustment between early-reflections ("room" sound) and late-reverb, it makes sense to turn the ER/Tail parameter first to left and adjust the ER (signature, room-size, stretch, spread, resonance).
Then pull ER/Tail to right to only make the late-reverb audible. Use the tail-parameter and the Damping/EQ page to adjust the late-reverb tail.
Afterwards, adjust the ER/Tail parameter to weight the amount of ER and tail according to your wanted sound.
- If you want a strong EQ in your late-reverb but wants your direct/ER signal clear and untouched, disable the ERs from being processed through the EQ by clicking the small switch on the ER-group text.
- The Dense and Room tail-types are completely different algorithms. Especially the build-up time is different - Dense has always a small attack phase and is maximum diffuse, while the Room has immediately response and builds up over time (room-size dependent).
- AtomicReverb saves CPU time where possible. If parts of processing aren't needed, they're not processed. So better turn off e.g. an EQ filter or damping if it's not audible.
Turn knobs to 0% or 100% instead of leaving them at 1% or 99%. Even for the ER/Tail parameter this is an important performance aspect.