User presets are not saved
If your User-Presets are not saved, please first check the following:
- Check if the plugin is correctly activated. An unactivated version is not able to save a user preset. Then reopen the UI (close the plugin and open it again).
- You must explicit save (disk-symbol) the preset. It is not enough to rename the preset by double-clicking on the name.
- Check, if you have write access to the folder of your userdata, e.g.
For Mac: "~" is your user-folder. This folder can normally not be accessed via the Finder, but you may use the Finder's menu-command "go to folder...". Optionally, use the terminal to go to this folder and check if it's there...
Please note: This folder is NOT created by the setup! The plugin creates this folder after first startup. So if you already started the plugin, the folder should be there. Please check if such folder (also the parent-folders) does exists and whether you have full read- AND write-access to it.
It's important that you also start your DAW under the same user-account than the write-access exists.
There are two other methods to store a user-preset:
- Store your presets using the DAW functionality (or export preset files via your DAW if supported).
- Use the plugin function "Copy current parameters as XML to clipboard" to paste the preset to the clipboard as text and save these texts. To use the preset-texts again, simply copy the text to the clipboard and use the "Paste XML in clipboards to current parameters".